Friday, September 05, 2008

School, and songs.

"Each person who ever was or is or will be has a song. It isn't a song that anybody else wrote. It has its own melody, it has its own words. Very few people get to sing their own song. Most of us fear that we cannot do it justice with our voices, or that our words are too foolish or too honest, or too odd. So people live their songs instead."

To think this excerpt came from a book about.. spiders.

I love that I've been consistently waking early, doing what I used to do. I've realised how I actually love making my way to school, attend lectures and tutorials (I never get enough.) and travel back home. I have new classmates this year, only having 3 familiar faces with me. But knowing that my friends are around in school makes me really, really happy. I also have new subjects, very appealing subjects. Three cheers for school :) This is exactly what education is about.

I have 3 and a half hour windows to idle away on most days so maybe blogging in school will get around to being a norm. Either way, I still like it because writing is absolutely therapeutic.

I love that I've been reading more due to long train rides back home. Maybe it really is in that time spent alone that you'll discover and enjoy the serenity in the noise. To find a voice in the midst of a whole sea of voices. Because that's when you hear, and listen.

"And now the song was coming to its natural end. He knew, at that moment, that this was what he would spend the rest of his life doing. He would sing: not big, magical songs that made worlds or recreated existence. Just small songs, that would make people happy for a breath, make them move, make them, for a little while, forget their problems."

-Neil Gaiman

Yes, it's about your song. And I think living a song, is beautiful.

I have more to say. But I'll save it for now. I'll continue, when I'm done singing this part of my song :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home